What is Infrared?
- Condition analysis of varied Mechanical, Electrical & Hydraulic applications
- Non-intrusive testing & safe to implement
- Improved Safety & Reliability
- Energy savings and ultimately cost saving
Loose connections identified in
Main switchboard, Emergency Switch board, Circuit breakers, Group Starter panels, Distribution panels, Alternator & Motor connections
Electrical imbalance on phases
Main engine, Auxiliary engine, Boiler insulation issues, Motor, its bearing & coupling running hot due to misalignment & unbalance
Steering system, Bow thruster system, Pollution control system integrity
SOLAS VIOLATION OF EXPOSED HOT SURFACES
In one case Ship owner had to spend 8 mil Us$ to repair fire damages.
Bow Thruster Analysis for Maersk 14000 TUE Container vessel
COUPLINGS AND SHAFTS ALIGNMENT
- Couplings inspection is difficult in normal operation.
- This is how misalignment looks like I Infrared.
- Note the Heat on the Motor Inboard Bearing and the coupling Rubber
- This Machine will not last long under obvious misalignment
HOT COUPLING & COOLER SHAFT- Mis-Alignment
A Typical Motor Bearing Problem
Before & after repairs, Temperatures were found same
This could be catastrophic failure on a tanker. This can cause fire in main switch board
ECR Telegraph control not communicating with Bridge
AHU (Air handling Unit) Analysis
MCA can further pinpoint the nature of defect
A diesel generator alternator showing high temperatures can cause damages loss of alternator life due to excess temperatures